Everyone should have the power to communicate and share ideas and information instantly; however, in order to protect the experience and safety of people who use ChatGum, there are some limitations on the type of content and behavior that we allow.
All users must adhere to the policies set forth in the ChatGum rules. Failure to do so may result in the permanent suspension of account(s).
Please note that we may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so.
- Graphic content: You may not use pornographic or excessively violent media.
- Sexually explicit language:You may not use sexually explicit language in live chat or the board.
- Over 13 years of age: You must be at least 13 years of age to use ChatGum. Any account found in violation of this rule will be disabled.
- Unlawful use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Hateful conduct/Toxic Behavior: You may not promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm or being toxic towards others on the basis of these categories.
- Self-harm: You may encounter someone considering suicide or self harm on ChatGum. When we receive reports that a person is threatening suicide or self harm, we may take a number of steps to assist them, such as reaching out to that person expressing our concern and the concern of other users on ChatGum. Please see our Safety Statement for global hotline numbers for self-harm prevention.
- Indecent/Tasteless/Troll content: You know this when you see it. A general guideline to gauge if the content is appropriate is to ask yourself “Would you be comfortable sharing this with your mother?”.