ChatGum users must be 13 years of age or older. Children under the age of 13 are prohibitive from creating a ChatGum account.
If Chatgum obtains knowledge that a user is under the age of 13, it’s our policy to permanently disable their account, unless otherwise notified by law enforcement.
Tools within ChatGum
ChatGum users are required to create an anonymous username, which is not tied to any personal information.
Blocking a User
On ChatGum, any user can block any other user from contacting him or her. Simply click the user’s name and click the option to “block”.
Blocking a user prohibits them private messaging you, or from you seeing their messages.
Flagging a User
All users should flag any content that he or she believes violates ChatGum’s policies, or puts any member of the community at risk.
When you flag a user, the flag goes to a live moderator in real time who will review the situation and take action immediately as he or she sees fit. Please only flag content that you deem to be inappropriate. Repetitive false flagging on content that is not inappropriate could result in a permanent suspension.
New People – Disable Private Messages
By default all private messages are enabled. A user can disable Private messages from all users, and allow Private Messages from friends or disable Private Message all together.
Every message/posts goes through an advanced word filter that removes inappropriate language and spam. This feature cannot be disabled.
Unlike many other chat applications, which have little to no moderation, ChatGum has a team of moderators that proactively enforce the ChatGum rules. Moderators have the ability to disable a user account, remove content, and flag the user for further review. If you would like to become a moderator please visit this link.
ChatGum has the ability to ban users permanently from accessing our application. We believe we are one of the leaders in restricting application access. The safety of our users is our top goal. And we will continue to strive towards building a more robust moderation/suspension system.
ChatGum users must be at least thirteen years of age. If you are a user who comes in contact with a user who is under the age of thirteen, please contact us at email@example.com
As per ChatGum’s official policies, sexually explicit content is not allowed on our service. If you come across an image that is explicitly sexual or pornographic in nature, please flag the user immediately so a moderator can review the content and handle the situation accordingly.
Suicide and Self-Harm Prevention
If you or someone you know is at risk of self-harm or making suicidal threats, seek help immediately.
Please consult the list of hotline numbers below for immediate help.
- 1300 22 4636
- 70 201 201
- Klimaka NGO
- 0800 111 0 111
- 0800 111 0 222
- 116 123
- Telefono Amico
- 199 284 284
- 09 889 1333
- Foundation 113 Online
- 0900-113 0 113
- 0800 567 567
- Teléfono de la Esperanza
- Självmordsupplysningen (Föreningen Psykisk Hälsa)
- Die Dargebotene Hand (Telefonseelsorge)
- 08457 90 90 90
- National Network to End Domestic Violence
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
General Chat Safety Tips
It’s important to maintain your privacy and security while using ChatGum. Below are a few tips we recommend you keep in mind while on ChatGum, and on the Internet and social media, in general.
- Don’t share personal information. We all use ChatGum because we can connect with friends from all corners of the world, but sharing personal information publicly (including phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, etc.) can open unwanted communications. We strongly discourage you from sharing this sensitive information online with people you don’t know.
- Don’t click unrecognizable links. In the chat, users may share URLs that link to inappropriate or phishing websites. We ask that you flag the users posting such URLs, and make sure not to click them!
- Don’t do anything online that you wouldn’t want your parents seeing. ChatGum is a public place, like any other. Parents, friends, teachers, or others you know might be watching, and so you should behave accordingly.
The Trust & Safety team at ChatGum does everything we can to ensure that we respond quickly to law enforcement inquiries. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org